Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gone Moose Hunting

We'll I have been a little slow posting of late.  I had an extremely busy week getting ready for a big moose hunt.  Today I will be leaving for a week into the north to hunt big game.  Here is a sample of what I will be looking for:


Or this guy:


The second photo was taken by my brother in-law's trail camera approximately 15 miles from my house.  We do have some huge deer up here in Canada.

Just to give you an idea of what we do, we drive to the edge of civilization and then get on skidoos (or quads) and travel into the forest.  We pull sleds packed with all kinds of gear (generator, ropes, food, clothes and guns).  We the travel into the northern forest for a couple hours and set up base camp.  This will be my fourth year.  Like I said last year it takes lots and lots of patients hunting moose. 

I will try and post some pictures next weekend when we return  (Click here for Pictures)


Best Regards,
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment